We know that smell. Decades of hanging around hockey dressing rooms as a player and then coach has us well acquainted with that smell. Beyond being offensive to hockey moms, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends and bus drivers, it also represents a health hazard as it means your gear is laden with noxious bio-contaminants. You need an athletic gear cleaner!
The bacteria overgrowth which creates that smell decreases the effectiveness and lifespan of your equipment. But much worse, it also puts your health at risk as you could contract any number of infections including MRSA, strep or ringworm.
We Clean, Sanitize and Dry Stinky Sports Gear
Whether you play hockey, football, baseball, lacrosse, fencing or some other sport, if you have damp, sticky and stinky gear and are looking for a solution, you’ve come to the right place. As an athletic gear cleaner, we can help.
Our Esporta ES 3200 was specifically designed to quickly and efficiently clean, sanitize and dry sports equipment without damaging its integrity. What’s more, our turnaround time can have your gear cleaned and back to you within 48 hours.
The process starts with us either picking up or you dropping off your equipment at our Wallingford, CT location. We’ll then inspect your gear and gear bag (if you provided one) to make sure it will hold up to our cleaning process. We’ll then place it in a mesh bag to protect it and keep it separate from other gear.
Next, your gear and bag goes into our heavy-duty washer/dryer to be cleaned, sanitized and dried using a non-caustic and environmentally-safe cleaning solution.
The Esporta Wash System, while water-based, works deep into your gear to remove bacteria, mold, fungus and other bio-contaminants to ensure the highest level of hygiene and safety for athletes.
Upon cycle completion, we’ll air-dry to make sure all moisture has been evaporated and then pack it back into your now clean gear bag. It’s usually ready for pickup or delivery within 48 hours depending on demand.
All items are returned sealed in the bag you provided, which has also been cleaned for your convenience. Volume pricing is available – get together with your club or teammates.
At Clean Gear of Connecticut we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the services we provide. Please feel free to email or contact our office 1 (203) 288-5000 to talk about gear you need to be cleaned.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your equipment will last longer. The unpleasant smell of equipment is caused by bacteria and fungus that build up each time the equipment is used. In addition to causing a foul odor, this buildup of bacteria will cause the equipment to break down quicker.
- Healthy skin. Wearing equipment containing bacteria and fungus can cause skin irritations and rashes. Most people would not swim at a beach where the water is contaminated with unhealthy bacteria, so why cover your body in equipment that is full of similarly harmful bacteria?
- Your equipment will smell better. This will make it more pleasant to transport your equipment in your car, and to air your equipment out in your house, apartment, or your hotel room when you travel to tournaments.
- Your hands and body smell better. When you wear equipment that smells, it sometimes seems impossible to avoid your hands and body smelling bad as well. Showers help, of course. However, the smell from a stinky pair of hockey gloves can hang on for days, even after your hands have been washed repeatedly. Playing in clean equipment keeps your hands and body smelling fresh, even right after games.
- Increase resale value of equipment. Many young players grow so fast that they need new equipment each year. Equipment that has been washed and sanitized regularly will sell quicker than equipment contaminated with bacteria and fungus.