Welcome to our website! Here you can learn about how we clean sports equipment, our horse blanket cleaning services, professional turnout gear cleaning and other household goods we clean, decontaminate and restore.
In short, Clean Gear of Connecticut cleans, sanitizes and then dries and packages a wide variety of athletic, recreational and professional gear. We also clean household items not normally cleaned by conventional or standard dry cleaning methods. For example, we clean Ugg Boots, soft goods such as bedding, pillows or stuffed animals and other heavy-duty items like camping gear, leather shoes, boots and purses or pocketbooks.
We know stench and filth
The company is owned and operated by Jeff Owens, who knows the bio-contamination found in dirty hockey gear as well as the excessive filth that can be found in horse
blankets firsthand. Jeff grew up in hockey locker rooms as a player, toting bags of smelly gear from home to the dressing room and back. His experience continues as a hockey and then lacrosse coach. What’s more, he married into a farming family so he knows exactly what horses roll around in. Now, his children spend their time in rinks, on the lacrosse pitch or mucking around in hayfields or stalls. His business is a natural extension of how he spends his nights and weekends.
The centerpiece of our operation is our Esporta® ES 3300 Equipment Washer and Dryer. Originally developed in Canada to clean hockey equipment, the Esporta ES 3300 uses specially formulated non-contaminating detergents, sanitizers, and hydraulic pressure to remove a variety of impurities and contaminants:
|– bacteria||– blood||– yeast|
|– fungus||– mold||– dirt|
|– perspiration||– smoke||– soot|
During one of the 28 factory-configured cleaning and drying cycles tailored to unique types of soft or hard goods, your gear is placed in a protective mesh bag within a section of the Esporta ES 3300 to protect it while all organic, as well as inorganic contaminants, are removed. Once the cycle completes, we package your gear for pickup or delivery.
Convenient Central Connecticut Location
Located conveniently in Wallingford, Connecticut, we can clean for any team, group, organization or business here in Southern Connecticut. We can arrange for pickup of volume orders or you can drop off during our open hours.
At Clean Gear of Connecticut we are more than happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the services we provide. Please feel free to email or contact our office 1 (203) 288-5000 to talk about gear you need to be cleaned.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Your equipment will last longer. The unpleasant smell of equipment is caused by bacteria and fungus that build up each time the equipment is used. In addition to causing a foul odor, this buildup of bacteria will cause the equipment to break down quicker.
- Healthy skin. Wearing equipment containing bacteria and fungus can cause skin irritations and rashes. Most people would not swim at a beach where the water is contaminated with unhealthy bacteria, so why cover your body in equipment that is full of similarly harmful bacteria?
- Your equipment will smell better. This will make it more pleasant to transport your equipment in your car, and to air your equipment out in your house, apartment, or your hotel room when you travel to tournaments.
- Your hands and body smell better. When you wear equipment that smells, it sometimes seems impossible to avoid your hands and body smelling bad as well. Showers help, of course. However, the smell from a stinky pair of hockey gloves can hang on for days, even after your hands have been washed repeatedly. Playing in clean equipment keeps your hands and body smelling fresh, even right after games.
- Increase resale value of equipment. Many young players grow so fast that they need new equipment each year. Equipment that has been washed and sanitized regularly will sell quicker than equipment contaminated with bacteria and fungus.